All-natural talalay latex vs. blended talalay latex and a look at the manufactures producing each:
All-Natural “Talalay Latex” is a very rare product, with only two manufacturers currently making true all-natural talalay latex. Dunlupillo and Latex International currently are the only two producers making all-natural talalay mattresses. So what is the difference between the two?
All-natural talalay latex is made from 100% latex rubber from rubber trees.
Blended talalaylatex can have a percentage of synthetic latex blended into the product.
What is ‘talalay’? Talalay is a process by which latex is formed into a mold. It is a high quality and consistent method of creating shaped latex, in this case into mattresses. The process itself:
- Liquid rubber is whipped into foam and poured into a mold.
- When closed the mold has rods that go through the foamed rubber.
- A vacuum is placed on the mold, which removes air bubbles/pockets and distributes the liquid rubber evenly through the mold.
- CO2 is run through the rods, freezing the foamed rubber and locking in the consistency.
- Heat sent through the rods, providing even temperature and yielding a consistent latex cores without air pockets or uneven firmnesses.
To receive additional information on custom mattresses please complete our custom mattress form http://www.rockymountainmattress.com/blog/custom-mattress-tool or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 1-866-733-3132.