How much did you spend on your current mattress. What is the most you have ever spent on a mattress? Can you imagine spending thousands and thousands on a mattress?
Let’s take a look at the 5 most expensive mattresses/beds…ever.
1. Janjaap Ruijssenaars Floating Bed. The Millionaire Fair in Kortrijk, Belgium hosts extravagant products from all over the world. Dutch architect Janjaap Ruijssenaar recently unveiled his floating bed. His goal was to create a usable product that didn’t use the standard laws of gravity. This floating bed uses magnetism to keep it suspended in mid air. The bed uses opposing magnets (obviously the magnets have to be industrial strength). The magnets allow the bed to float 40 cm off of the floor and can hold up to 900 kg. The full size bed costs $1.6 million. A bed that is 1/5 the size of the full size bed costs only $153,000.
2. The Vividus by Hastens. The Vividus has been the most expensive mattress for years. Those who have slept on the Vividus describe the experience as “sleeping on a cloud.” Swedish designs ensure the highest quality and most luxurious comfort. The cost of this “heaven-like” experience is $59,750.
3. VI-Spring. The Titantic was the most luxurious cruise liner to ever sail. Its interior had the finest products, including the finest mattresses. The tragedy-bound ship came with Hypnos VI-spring mattresses. These days, the mattresses run between $8,000-$20,000. Can you imagine what they paid for the VI Spring back then?
4. Hypnos. Hypnos is the most luxurious and prestigious British mattress company. The company is the only provider of mattresses for the British royal family. You can expect to pay at least $15,000 for these perfect, cashmere mattresses.
5. Duxiana is another Swedish mattress company. Duxiana is one of only three or four major luxury mattress manufactures. The cheapest Duxiana mattress costs about $4,000 while the most expensive is $8,700.
Now featuring a more affordable mattress by Rocky Mountain Mattress:
The Rendezvous 14″ is our most expensive bed and for good reason — this top-of-the line memory foam mattress boasts a comfort-evoking European Box Pillow Top, a velvety soft CoolMax damask, 100% natural latex, and 4 full inches of dense, high-quality 5-pound Bayer® Softcel™ Memory Foam.